Tree widget (was: Proposal to start a new implementation of Thunderbird based on web technologies)

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Mar 24 19:12:38 UTC 2017

Matt Harris wrote on 24.03.2017 18:27:
> /I think all this relies on a powerful replacement for the XUL
> treeview.  Do we have one now?
> /

Indeed, this is needed.

I've once found a "fast-list" or similar on github, that goes in that
direction. But no, we don't have it now. As mentioned, I have a plan how
to do it, but I haven't realized it yet. That's one of the things we'd
need to create as part of the framework.

That problem is inherent, because the XUL <tree> widget was originally
written specifically for Thunderbird. Firefox didn't need it. And it
might also go away now, if Firefox doesn't need it anymore.

I wrote about this in my proposal.

Ben