'Is Thunderbird dead and other FAQ'

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Mar 24 17:10:25 UTC 2017

On 3/24/2017 4:38 AM, Axel Grude wrote:

> Question: With this being planned, do we need to set up our own
> extension review board? I would be interested in reviewing /mail
> specific extensions exclusively/. But they are kind of hard to find on
> AMO Editor site. What about "hybrid" addons that support both Firefox
> + Thunderbird? They are usually problematic (may not even add any
> functionality for Tb) and often don't really contribute much to Tb as
> a mail client.
>
> Axel

Reality is that we will probably be forced off of AMO as they move to
exclusively Web Extensions, and we stick with XUL overlays. We'll
probably fork AMO at some point in time, then clean it up to focus on
Thunderbird. But that is not clear yet.

At that point in time, I would expect we would need our own extension
reviewers, and our own submission process. There will be no such thing
anymore as an extension that works on both FF and TB.

:rkent