'Is Thunderbird dead and other FAQ'

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 11:38:28 UTC 2017

On 24/03/2017 11:22, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> On 24/03/2017 03:07, Eric Moore wrote:
>

>> 7) The Thunderbird section of Mozilla add-ons is littered with many add-ons that
>> claim to be unusable with Thunderbird, a search always searches Firefox add-ons too
>> despite the user specifying Thunderbird, and not every add-on on that web site is
>> also available from tools -> add-ons -> get add-ons in Thunderbird.  If we can't
>> even manage our own add-ons store what does that say about how viable our
>> organization is?
> Well, we must be in really good shape, since *managing our own add-ons store* is
> actively being discussed as part of the transition away from Mozilla

\o/

Question: With this being planned, do we need to set up our own extension review
board? I would be interested in reviewing /mail specific extensions exclusively/. But
they are kind of hard to find on AMO Editor site. What about "hybrid" addons that
support both Firefox + Thunderbird? They are usually problematic (may not even add any
functionality for Tb) and often don't really contribute much to Tb as a mail client.

Axel