More users = More support requests

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Mar 23 22:37:28 UTC 2017

On 3/23/2017 12:52 PM, Bruce A. Johnson wrote:
> Does this mean that you would support changing the official
> Thunderbird support from free to paid?

I'm going to speak only for myself, so this is not a statement about
Thunderbird policy.

I would not support paid support as a separate service managed by
Thunderbird, but what I would support is a user coop, with paid members,
where one of the benefits is improved end-user support. It is subtle
difference, but somehow Thunderbird needs to be about community not
about being a business providing a service.

:rkent