More users = More support requests

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Mar 23 21:51:48 UTC 2017

On 3/23/2017 1:04 PM, Bruce A. Johnson wrote:
> As for a TB specific domain, that is up to the Council to figure out
> when and if the BIG CHANGE ever happens.
>
> Unfortunately, the most obvious domain names are already taken.
> thunderbird.com, thunderbird.org are being used by other companies.  I
> see, though, that thunderbird.net is owned by the Mozilla Corporation
> and is currently being redirected to https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/

Right, we just went through a lot of work to transfer operational
control of thunderbird.net from Mozilla operations to Thunderbird
operations, and intend to use that as the primary web link for
Thunderbird. In-product links currently refer to mozillamessaging.com
but we plan to transfer those to thunderbird.net soon.

We are also starting to use the name "Thundernest" where we have broad
control of many of the related addresses, including .com .org .net,
twitter, and github. "Thundernest" is intended to be the home for a
community of people who support the Thunderbird project.
https://github.com/thundernest/ is starting to collect
infrastructure-related repositories.

:rkent