More users = More support requests

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 07:11:22 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 11:48 PM, Axel Grude <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Bugzilla is good for filing bugs or enhancement requests, but it is not
meant for support. I see a lot of bugs lately being closed with the remark
that it's not intended for support and the reporter is being directed to
sumo. Also the step between asking a question on sumo and filing a bug is
too big. What I think what's needed is, that the person giving support
should have an easy way of letting others know that he's stuck with a
certain question.

> then there is this forum:
>
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=39
>
> I think there is also a more general forum at mozilla.org?

MozillaZine is a good point for information and I do often put links to
articles from MozillaZine in answers to support requests, but the site
doesn't belong to Mozilla or Thunderbird. I've also seen remarks in bugs or
sumo articles about not linking to MozillaZine for this reason.  It would
be better if the support articles on sumo would have full coverage of all
the things related to Thunderbird. And it helps a lot of users that the
articles on sumo can be and are localized.

Cheers,
Onno