Menu Bar

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:23:48 UTC 2017

Dear Matt,

I never liked the hamburger menu much for Thunderbird much - but it saves space. I
actually quite liked what Firefox did initially with the top left icon / menu so I
combined both (also managing elevation of tabs) in a fully style-able Addon Menu On
Top <http://quickfolders.org/menuOnTop.html> :

(the big label and remote port number are optional, and there are many icons to chose
from) I think a choice of something like that integrated into the title bar as
alternative to the hamburger menu would be nice...

As a bonus it also adds a simplified bookmarking system for anything relevant such as
mail folders, emails, configuration tabs etc.

If I had a choice for just a single feature it would be document link integration
(like Outlook). So we could have special folders which can point to different
documents on my hard drive and use GLODA for finding stuff. Or integrate document
links into the email tree.

Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,