New account dialog

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:20:22 UTC 2017

As I love GUI design, here  my 2 cents:

> I also I think users less familiar with clients, and email in general, don't think
> in terms of "accounts". They just have an email address, or if they don't they know
> they need one.  And when they want to use the email they say I'm going to log in to
> my email, not log in to my account.

Exactly what I thought! Make it "Create new Email Address" or something similar. I
would also maybe have two grouping areas, like this:Account Wizard

Not sure if Radiobuttons is the best choice here for convenience, but they could
auto-activate when writing the existing email address / picking the provider. Clarity
is important when we give either / or choices.

Also we could add a context area below both boxes, it could say:

[when you fill in your email address in the top box]  "don't worry you can add more
email addresses later."

[when you select a provider] "Provider X has a paid service but they also offer free
email for private users" ... etc

A link with "more info" that opens a browser page when choosing a provider would
probably also be necessary here.

thanks,
   Axel

Music Production and Composition