New account dialog

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Mar 22 01:08:44 UTC 2017

ace wrote on 22.03.2017 01:56:
> Sorry, but the mockup is ambiguous again.

It's not a mockup, that's real Thunderbird :).

> How does the user know the
> difference between "setup" (the dialog title) and "get a new account".

Indeed, we should explain better what the dialog does. That the user can
use their existing email address here. The dialog as-is doesn't make
that clear, yes. That's maybe the capital mistake here, why users are
confused.

However, I think "Get a new account" is already fairly clear. I'd change
it to "Register new email address...", though.