New account dialog

ace acelists at atlas.sk
Wed Mar 22 00:56:36 UTC 2017

----- Pôvodná správa -----
Predmet: New account dialog (was: Outreach to end users)
Od: Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com>
Pre: tb-planning at mozilla.org
Dátum: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 01:37:32 +0100
> That's also what's motivating me here to swap the dialogs around.
> Because I think most users already have an existing email address, and
> they want to keep it. Those that indeed want a new account will find the
> account provisioning dialog with just one click on "Get a new account".
>
> Attached is a screenshot of the first screen that a user would see after
> installing Thunderbird.
>
> If you want to set up an existing account, just enter your email address
> and password (of pretty much any ISP in the world), and you're good to
> go. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Sorry, but the mockup is ambiguous again. How does the user know the
difference between "setup" (the dialog title) and "get a new account".

We already have enough strange buttons later in the dialog (manual
config, advanced config, etc).

We will need more wording to explain the difference. The bottom half of
this dialog in the picture is unusued, you could expand the "getting a
new acocunt a bit".

I propose 2 similarly sized blocks (e.g. a fieldset), both with
titles/descriptions. The top one can have the 4 fields (and the continue
button), the bottom one would only have the description and a button.