Outreach to end users

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Tue Mar 21 15:34:26 UTC 2017

I see a few people making the claim that everyone already has an
account, and expects Thunderbird to just download their existing email,
but the user research that Mozilla Messaging did found exactly the
opposite, which was what lead to the development of the Get An Account
feature in the first place.  As I remember it, we would have loved to
add more account types, but none of the providers we contacted were
interested (with the obvious exception of Gandhi).  I don't think
changing Thunderbird's initial user flow is necessarily a bad idea, but
let's not do it under false pretenses.

Later,
Blake.