Outreach to end users

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 13:45:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

just an aside from an end user. I've been using Netscape and, later,
Firefox and Thunderbird as long as I've been online...

Am 21.03.17 um 13:00 Uhr schrieb tb-planning-request at mozilla.org:

> Here are some other ideas, from a 2014 posting:

I think the most important point in terms of marketing should be to
reassure both corporate and end users that Thunderbird still is alive
and under active development and that it is worthwhile to deploy it and
to build your workflow on TB for the time being.

The main page of mozilla.org has not been pointing to Thunderbird for
quite a while, and the announcement that Thunderbird would not be
supported by Mozilla any more is still very much around, at least in
this country. If this cannot be changed there should be a more prominent
website or starting page for Thunderbird users.

After this has been made clear, all the other points you have already
mentioned come into play easily (privacy, productivity and everything in
one place, etc.).

Regards,
Jürgen.