Outreach to end users

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:19:26 UTC 2017

Dear Ben,

I have a YouTube Channel <https://www.youtube.com/c/thunderbirddaily> that is
dedicated to Mail Addons  (I use it mainly for highlighting new features when I
release), but I would love to add some Thunderbird - specific tips(*); we just need
some good script writers to highlight different features - if anyone would like to
collaborate or the Thunderbird Council would like to use it for messages to
prospective / existing users you are very welcome to use it.

I find that on answering the majority of IT-related questions that are not
developer-specific, I do prefer YouTube videos - show and tell is just the simplest
and most powerful way of learning something.

One thing that I think is a big difference to webmail is that it is encouraging the
fight against "inbox fatigue" - the problem of emails getting lost in the fray of
daily incoming emails - or not being able to see the trees for the forest. One major
feature I always liked about Thunderbird since thee Netscape days was its intuitive
and productive thread view, so that would definitely be a feature worth highlighting.
Another one would be the GLODA search options, maybe in a two part view from simple
(quick filter) to advanced (GLODA facets / saved searches).

It would also be cool if we had some simple polls about email management questions,
such as "what do you do with your read / sent email"

  * delete
  * archive
  * leave in the inbox for ever and auto-archive
  * file into specific folders

Polls like this are really useful for building up engagement.

(*) A video demonstrating highlights for the yearly ESR release should also be offered.

thanks,
   Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,