[addon-reviewers] Please don't delete empty ratings unless they're spam

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 15:31:32 UTC 2017

> *Subject:*Re: [addon-reviewers] Please don't delete empty ratings unless they're spam
> *From:*Daniel Veditz <dveditz at mozilla.com> <mailto:dveditz at mozilla.com>

Cross posting from addon reviewers to Tb-Planning, for a reason. Tb-Planning users,
please remove the reply-to if you want to answer on that list!

In my experience, it is good to have the tracking system, but I often forget to close
issues that I have actually fixed. I think a good measure of engagement is how many
are closed and how many are assigned as opposed to being "NEW" and untouched.

Examples from my "busiest" Addon:

Open bugs (53):

http://bugzilla.mozdev.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&chfieldto=Now&product=quickfolders&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&cmdtype=doit&order=Bug+Number

Resolved bugs (256):

https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=CLOSED&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&chfieldto=Now&product=quickfolders&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&cmdtype=doit&order=Bug+Number

It might be cool if these metrics could be turned into an "engagement index" which
could be comparable with the Firefox / Thunderbird Bugzilla or other Addons.

In any case, Bugzilla is an invaluable tool for managing bugs, email alone (or
reacting to AMO reviews) is not adequate if you have to manage large numbers of users.
What I like about Bugzilla is that is complex enough to do what I need without being
completely oblique to the user. I don't like github issues, as it hides too much
valuable information.

I just wish it was easier to set up / clone Bugzilla and remove it from mozdev.org
which hasn't got a valid SSL certificate for too long. If Mozilla could host one and
offer import facilities for existing Bugzilla databases that would be ideal. It might
also bee a good idea to offer a dedicated Bugzilla for Mail-related Addons, which
could bee maintained by Addon owners (migrate mozdev.org to a Thunderbird owned domain!)

Now that we have the new Thunderbird Council elected I would like if this could be
discussed (and what other incentives for Addon Authors could be offered to stay
supporting this Email client).

thanks,
   Axel

Music Production and Composition