Re: removing query attributes from gloda - which are allowed now? (refer to Jonathan's anouncement of 2011)

opto@optosolar.com opto at optosolar.com
Tue Mar 7 21:45:47 UTC 2017

Andrew - many thanks, that is very helpful.

Why can't I search for starred messages?
I display the collection in a glodalist (and also alert(collection.items.length)).
query.tags(tagArray[1]) works, same for query.bodyMatches("xx").

query.starred(true) returns empty list, query.starred(false) returns a subset of the unstarred messages. (all in the onQueryCompleted).

globals.messages.sqlite gives:
table attributeDefinitions: has id 58 for star.
table messagesAttributes has no entry for attributeID==58 with value 1 (would that be expected, or are all those ==1 which are not ==0?)?

A starred message (in 3 pane view messagelist) identified by headerMessageID in table messages has 58:false in jsonAttributes. Assuming messageKey in table messages == messageID in table attributeDefinitions, attributeID 58 is set to 0 there for this message, so both tables seem to be consistent.

Still: the messagelist in 3 pane view shows the star. Where does that come from?

What is going on, is this misunderstanding on my side?

All on a development TB set up in August (at least that is date of localfolders directory in profile), with just 100 test messages from a POP3 account.

Klaus