Why does the Thunderbird team care so less about macOS users?

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Mon Jun 5 22:59:08 UTC 2017

I think he meant "so little" (not "so less").

Mac is a different platform with different customs. The Mac philosophy
is that the entire system is tightly integrated, so users expect the
support of the latest features like Retina or Touchbar, and developers
usually are quick to supply it.

If your operating system had a cross-application search function that is
actually useful and that you use regularly, you'd consider that a base
feature and you'd be unhappy about it not working in Thunderbird.
Insofar, I can understand Nomis101.

That said, if there are no Mac developers, then there won't be special
Mac support, that's for sure :-). It's actually amazing that Thunderbird
on Mac still works, considering we have nobody to fix it when it breaks.

Ben