Why does the Thunderbird team care so less about macOS users?

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Sun Jun 4 12:10:16 UTC 2017

On 04/06/2017 13:47, Nomis101 🐝 wrote:
> Is it because of the lack of macOS developers?

Yes. We have zero developers on Mac, oh, well, maybe one, Philipp, but
he works on calendar or build issues when he finds the time since he is
also the Council chairman with heaps of duties. Or maybe I should count
our new calendar contributor Javi, who has also fixed a Mac sound bug.

We're multi-platform and with the few resources we've got we need to
focus on what is basically supported on all platforms. All new feature
implementation is purely volunteer-based, so if no volunteer implements
anything, nothing will get done. So Mac volunteers, please step forward
and fix your most hated bug or implement your most desired feature. And
bring your friends, so someone can test and review your work.

BTW, does the base Mozilla platform support special Mac features
Firefox, like gestures or advanced spellchecking support? If not, it's
not likely to happen in Thunderbird. But it would be good to fix some
long-standing Mac bugs, for example import from Apple Mail to start with.

Jörg.