Impending General Election and plans for censorship / plans to make open source illegal

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 22:49:32 UTC 2017

On 22-Jul-17 4:43 AM, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:
> On 2017/07/14 15:41, Nomis101 🐝 wrote:
>> Am 09.06.17 um 18:33 schrieb ISHIKAWA,chiaki:
>>> But on the other hand, we may want to spend some time NOT under
>>> pressure
>>> to come up with a well-thought-out  piece to battle such stupidity in
>>> advance, especially if we know that similar stupid attempts are made
>>> again and again.
>>
>> Now such attempts are planed from Australia:
>>
>> https://apnews.com/621e0913072a4cb5a1a7f7338721b059/Australia-plans-law-to-force-tech-giants-to-decrypt-messages
>>

> Ouch. I thought Australia is one of the few places in the world where
> sane mind prevails, and it is winter there right now. So it is not
> summer heat that got to people's brains.
> Hmm...
But we are member of the five eyes.  So if the Americans or the British
do something stupid our stupid prime minister will do it as well.  Got
to crawl and scrape to the betters you know.

To anyone who thinks I do the man an injustice,  explain this ;
<https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/07/prime-minister-says-the-laws-of-australia-can-beat-the-laws-of-math/>
"The laws of Australia prevail in Australia, I can assure you of that,"
Turnbull said
<http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-14/facebook-google-to-be-forced-to-decrypt-messages-fight-terrorism/8707748>.
"The laws of mathematics are very commendable, but the only law that
applies in Australia is the law of Australia."   He has included himself
in the idiot leader category with that one.

--
Matt Harris