GSoC 2017: GNOME/Ubuntu on-line accounts support for Thunderbird and Lightning

Yevhenii Babichenko eugene.babichenko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:19:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

I heard that Mozilla is intending to apply for GSoC 2017, so I'm here
with a proposal: during GSoC 2017 I want to work on integrating
Thunderbird with GNOME/Ubuntu on-line accounts. What do you think of it?
As for me, I think this should be a huge benefit for Thunderbird UX,
because you'd have to login only once to use all the applications,
related to the on-line account registered in the system.

Maybe a layer for compatibility of this feature with plug-ins should
also be fine, but I think that security of such solution is a subject
for further discussion.

This is only a draft and my very first attempt to contribute to a large
open-source project, but I'm hoping to receive a community's feedback :)