Setting up Thunderbird with Norton 360.

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Dec 21 23:48:46 UTC 2017

Hey Matt,

thanks for the heads-up.

Which exact step of the dialog was failing? Just showing up? Or any of
the specific config gathering steps - if so which one (it should be
shown in the UI).

Which "security" product did he use? Which exact setting in the product
was it that made it work? It would be good to know the precise setting,
not just all or nothing disable.

My suggestion would be to not just disable, but uninstall all security
products and only use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall built into
Windows. Many other "security" products actually decrease security,
instead of increasing it. But I understand that's besides your point,
because it would be difficult to sell that to end users who are used to
buying snake oil.

I think the best approach would be to find out the culprit, talk to the
vendor, and whitelist us or our method.

Ben