Names (was: Engineering Council plans)

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat Aug 19 22:16:27 UTC 2017

Personally, i don't see it as mistake. I think it's very logical that a mailing list and a chat room with the same purpose also have the same name.

It's actually a good thing to explicitly qualify mailing list or chat, for people who do not understand the special lingo. It avoids confusion.

So, all good :-)

Ben

Am 16. August 2017 23:12:12 MESZ schrieb R Kent James <kent at caspia.com>:
>On 8/15/2017 4:20 PM, Óvári wrote:
>> Why not call the Thunderbird "Engineering Council" an "Engineering
>> Steering Committee" (ESC) like LibreOffice?
>>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ESC
>
>I'm happy to use that name, but for different reasons. I like to use
>Council as a shorthand for the Thunderbird Council, and with two
>Councils that is now ambiguous.
>
>For the same reason I regret using maildev as the name for the mailing
>list, now it is ambiguous whether that refers to the IRC channel or the
>
>mailing list. Mistakes were made.
>
>:rkent

This email was sent from my phone.  Please excuse the brevity