Hardware for Thunderbird Core Developers

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Thu Aug 17 09:28:21 UTC 2017

On 17/08/2017 11:16, Óvári wrote:
> If there is a developer now ready and willing, why not have the list
> updated upon request?

There needs to be a proven track record, "ready and willing" doesn't
qualify.

> Why isn't Philippe Vigneau, CardBook developer, added to the list?

Because he is not a Thunderbird core contributor and to my knowledge has
not contributed a single patch in the last two years. I could be wrong
on that, but certainly he doesn't contribute on a weekly basis.

Back in February, the Council has in fact studied contributions
carefully, even with an automated script to count patches provided. If
you want to see who really contributes to the project with patches, consult:

https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/pushloghtml

And please keep in mind that we're giving hardware to *regular*
contributors, not one-off patch providers.

Jörg.