Invitation for technical discussion on next-generation Thunderbird

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Mon Apr 24 17:56:03 UTC 2017

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote on 24.04.2017 19:48:
> While there are many folk with very large inboxes, the number of
> people with really large numbers of personal mail is rather smaller.​
> So separating the mail out and storing it separately is useful. While
> I don't want every mail on every mailing list I subscribe to on every
> device, I do want all my personal mail.

Yes. I like your idea of automatically storing mailing list messages in
a separate physical folder. I think we should do that (per default - of
course that should be configurable). That would solve this issue of
excessively large folders.

I don't think many people would able to read/write more than 20000-50000
emails per year. That would be an email every 2 minutes, 8 hours a day,
every work day, all the time. I think 10k per year are realistic. Just
to keep things in perspective.

We're getting a bit off-track, though :).

Ben