Invitation for technical discussion on next-generation Thunderbird

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sun Apr 23 18:59:45 UTC 2017

Magnus Melin wrote on 23.04.2017 20:27:
> This is also a sure way of making adaption of ready 3:rd party
> libraries a non starter.

I did just that in my prototype. I had replace my own IMAP
implementation with a third-party IMAP library, and still used my JS
collections, and it works fine.

And it saved a *lot* of code, because the collection library does things
I'd otherwise have to manually write everywhere in the API and the
application and UI code.

Please don't judge before you've tried it.

>> If the collections were observable
>>
>> First, just because a collection is observable doesn't mean it's
>> writable by the consumer. These are distinct qualities.
>
> The component probably do not want to observe data changes inside itself.

No, the component makes the changes and the consumer observes (possibly
read-only).