[Council Meeting] Featured add-ons, EU donations and Community Manager

Philipp Kewisch mozilla at kewis.ch
Wed Apr 19 13:03:58 UTC 2017

Which is why we need to find out exactly what we want :) While all of
these roles are important in general, the question is if we need them
all at once (I think we can agree to "No" here). Now we have to find out
which roles to start out with. We'll update you with more concrete plans
as soon as possible!

Also, via IRC the concern came up that hiring someone in this area would
result in micro-management given we want them to do all these things. Be
assured that we don't plan to do so. I'd rather have someone capable of
determining what areas Thunderbird needs improvement on from a community
management side on their own, than someone who we tell every step of the
way.

Philipp