Thunderbird++ for each of the four major components

Nomis101 🐝 Nomis101 at web.de
Tue Apr 18 11:38:48 UTC 2017

Am 18.04.17 um 10:09 schrieb Gervase Markham:
> Do we have data on what proportion of existing users use Calendar? Or Chat?
>
> Thunderbird lasted for many years without either capability. I would
> strongly suggest that neither is part of a minimum viable product for
> TB++. We can't forbid people from working on them, but if those people
> are also capable of contributing to Mail and/or Contacts, then every
> hour spent on them makes the MVP an hour of work further away.

I agree with the point that the contribution of all devs to
Mail/Contacts development will bring TB++ sooner to a usable point in
the first place. But I think at the end TB users will expect a Calendar
(and maybe chat) integration. So, what about a three step plan? First
step, bundle all devs to bring Mail/Contacts working and release this as
TB++ v1.0. Second step, bundle all devs to integrate Calendar/Chat into
TB++ and release it as TB++ v2.0. And than split the teams to separatly
maintain and fix bugs in Mail/Contacts/Calendar/Chat and release this as
TB++ v2.5.