Joining forces vs. starting from scratch (was Re: Proposal to start a new implementation...)

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Fri Apr 14 13:35:28 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:53 AM, Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org> wrote:

> On 13/04/17 14:36, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> > ​If you are committed to really open source then MIT or BSD are by far
> > the best options.
> <snip>
>
> With respect, Phil, this sort of advocacy is precisely the sort of thing
> I am suggesting is not helpful at this juncture.
>
> It would be marginally less unhelpful if you were, by contributing to
> the discussion, agreeing to commit coding resources under your control
> to the Thunderbird++ project. Are you?
>
> Gerv

​With respect Gerv, my long experience is that many people pushing for GPL3
suddenly stop doing so after they are required to read it and explain what
it means.​

Since my code is under MIT License, my resources are available regardless.
Though I would have to know which language to target first if I was going
to write the back end of the code synthesizer. I have done C#, C, FORTRAN
and Occam. Never targeted Javascript though.