Proposal to start a new implementation of Thunderbird based on web technologies

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:26:32 UTC 2017

> *Subject:*Re: Proposal to start a new implementation of Thunderbird based on web
> technologies

I don't know about UI hacking, but some entry point for a (completely fresh) Addons
infrastructure sure would be nice. I wouldn't mind completely rewriting my addons if
there was a chance of entering new markets.

Certainly overlays were a neat thing, and userChrome.css was one of the biggest
advantages Firefox / Thunderbird had over programs of other origins.

Axel