Joining forces vs. starting from scratch (was Re: Proposal to start a new implementation...)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Apr 12 12:02:22 UTC 2017

On 12/04/17 13:00, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Well, if future direction depends on the leverage or consumption of 3rd
> party FOSS, then licensing compatibility is a major issue that should be
> resolved.

When a team has been assembled and prime candidates for the specific
pieces of 3rd party FOSS have been identified and there's a plan for how
they might be integrated, then let's have the discussion about
specifics. Discussions of the form of "I prefer GPL" and "I don't like
MPL" are not going to be productive.

Gerv