CardBook postulates to become a Thunderbird featured addon.

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:29:29 UTC 2017

> --> The best for the end : :rkent, would you be willing to re-license all your
> add-ons under MIT or the MPL too?

Would that be a requirement for any prospective addons for Thunderbird++ (or even
future Thunderbird desktop addons)?

What implications would this have on monetisation?  most of my addons are GPL3 except
for QuickFolders which I had to make "(CC BY-ND 4.0) Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0"
because I had to protect the licensing schema on it. It is 100% open source (except
for the license encryption key) and I don't mind people using parts of it but want to
avoid complete clones being released as it would devalue the investment of anyone who
bought a license (pro version only, 98% of the functionality is in the free version).

I had thought long and hard about that license choice, but maybe I am missing
something here.

Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,