CardBook postulates to become a Thunderbird featured addon.

Philippe VIGNEAU cardbook.thunderbird at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:56:35 UTC 2017

Hi all

Sure, it's a free world, it's open-source, everyone can do what they want, but a coordinated effort to achieve a better overall product,
would be preferable.

--> I totally agree but I can say it's hard to be accepted ;O)

For me this sounds like a offer to integrate CardBook.

--> no offer at all , if you believe it's valuable for Thunderbird : no
problem for me... if you don't, also no problem...

Cardbook is not a demo of Thunderbird++ technologies, but a proposal for an alternate address book with the current version of Thunderbird. Let's
make sure we keep those issues separate.

--> right, but when the new technologies will arrive, I'll migrate
CardBook to them. Cardbook is not a Proof Of Concept, I hope to maintain
it on the long term (as I'm not a very skilled developper, and I hope to
be driven|helped for this migration ;O)

In any case, I am happy to hear that Philippe is interested in helping us with the future of Thunderbird!

--> yes very

That being said, we (Caspia) would love to figure out a way to work with you.

--> I would also love to quit my "Alone" project to work with others :O)...

Philippe, would you be willing to re-license under MIT or the MPL?

--> The best for the end : CardBook is now licenced on MPL 2.0 (I don't
know the implications but let's try :O)

Philippe