CardBook postulates to become a Thunderbird featured addon.

Philippe VIGNEAU cardbook.thunderbird at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 09:10:49 UTC 2017

hi folks

The development of CardBook goes on, and I think that it is now eligible
to become a Thunderbird featured addon :

CardBook offers the possibility to use contacts from CardDAV, Google
(groups not yet supported) and Apple accounts and of course also local
address books which may be files or directories

CardBook is translated in 9 languages (pl coming soon)

CardBook is compatible with Lightning, Mail Merge and Mail Redirect

CardBook supports lists of contacts CardBook uses a indexedDB database
to store its cache

CardBook offers the possibility to import Thunderbird standard address books

CardBook offers the possiblity to import|export from|to CSV and VCF files

CardBook offers the possibility to collect outgoing emails

CardBook offers the possibility to merge contacts modified both locally
and on the server

CardBook is fully integrated in the main Thunderbird window (yellow
stars, possibility to edit|remove|add standard and CardBook contacts)

CardBook has a birthday manager to show birthdays by a popup or to
export them into Lightning

CardBook offers the possibility to connect directly softphone or IM
addresses (Jabber)

CardBook extends Lightning by adding a view of all events for a contact

CardBook also offers a view of all emails for a contact

CardBook offers the possibility to define and save complex searches

CardBook offers the possibility to find and merge duplicates contacts

CardBook offers the possibility to attach a vCard to outgoing emails

CardBook offers the possibility to create filters related to CardBook
address books

CardBook offers a colored autocompletion when writing an email (as well
as in Lightning)

CardBook offers a powerfull contact sidebar when writing an email

CardBook offers a powerfull print

CardBook offers the possibility to restrict the use of contacts by email
accounts and by address book

and much more...

comments seem acceptables :
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbird/addon/cardbook/reviews/

About the future of Thunderbird, whatever would be the path to the new
Thunderbird, I'm ready and open to work to make CardBook the new
Thunderbird addressbook.

Also to reply to Joshua :

For my part, I have one non-negotiable requirement: we should be able to ship CardDAV support to our users by 2018. Beyond that, I think there
should be means to implement new features in TB in a more rapid basis "if prudent" (and I'm leaving it vague on what exact criteria that entails).

I think we may say that CardBook is the answer to this.

Philippe

twitter : https://twitter.com/CardBookAddon/