Proposal to start a new implementation of Thunderbird based on web technologies

Disaster Master disasterlistmanager at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:25:31 UTC 2017

On Tue Apr 04 2017 00:02:21 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Paul D.
Fernhout <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:
> Your point on risk management makes a lot of sense. That's why I
> suggested a possibility of having a new Thunderbird that could run
> alongside the existing one and share the same files while offering a
> different UI.

First, such a possibility already exists - if you are using IMAP.

But connecting some brand new client, in beta, alpha, or even pre alpha
stages of development? This presents a very large risk to your precious
data, one that I would never be willing to accept, and if anyone did,
the PR backlash could be devastating when their X years worth of
precious emails were nuked by some bad code.