Proposal to start a new implementation of Thunderbird based on web technologies

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Tue Apr 4 03:07:09 UTC 2017

Thanks, neandr! Here is more recent stuff I collected on the
React/Facebook patent issue including opinions from a couple of legal teams:
https://github.com/Automattic/wp-calypso/issues/650#issuecomment-282932740

As indicated there (citing the next link), people are still (as of the
beginning of the year) still waiting on opinions from OSI and FSF about
the React license.
https://discuss.reactjs.org/t/legal-department-did-not-allow-use-of-react/3309

What's especially confusing about React's licensing situation is that is
has been under three license -- Apache, then a really bad version of
BSD+PATENTS, then a not quite so bad so bad version of BSD+PATENTS (but
still problematical).

--Paul Fernhout (pdfernhout.net)
"The biggest challenge of the 21st century is the irony of technologies
of abundance in the hands of those still thinking in terms of scarcity."