[Council Meeting] Technical Future, Partnerships and Hiring

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Apr 3 14:17:19 UTC 2017

On Mon Apr 03 2017 09:57:32 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Benjamin
Kerensa <bkerensa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd also point out just so council is aware that it another project is
> offering to fiscally sponsor TB which appears to be what a new home
> means for TB. If that's the case the new nonprofit owns TB as a project
> and can make decisions that overrule TB Council upto dissolving TB
> Council.

I would hope that The Council is wise enough to reject out of hand any
such conditions.

To lose autonomy and become subjugated to the whims of another entity is
simply not acceptable. I'd prefer we just limp along as we are now, even
to the point of freeezing Gecko and accepting the potential security
risks associated with that.