What happened to hiring an architect?

BA ba at pep-project.org
Thu Sep 29 21:47:39 UTC 2016

On Sep 29, 2016, at 9:14 PM, neandr <neandr at gmx.de> wrote:

> And also, what is going on with ...
>
>> Pretty Easy Privacy (p≡p)
>
> .. think was a plan, but was it canceled or is it a subject of that people only. Afair there was a plan to make it a standard feature of TB .. somewhen?!

Hello Guenter,

We at p≡p are still very committed to work with the Thunderbird Council and do what we can to support TB in any way we can. In regards to where we currently stand, as you might have already heard on the bi-weekly TB status calls, we are working closely with Patrick Brunschwig to get Enigmail/pEp ready. We have provided the JSON adaptor and the p≡p engine to Patrick and he is in the process of integrating it which is planned to be completed by the end of October. We will also be at the MozFest in London to give a brief talk/demo on October 30th.

In the meantime, we have launched a free Android Beta app (on F-Droid repo as well as Google Play) and the p≡p for Outlook plug-in is available since July. The p≡p for Android release is a few weeks away and p≡p for iOS is slated for release in Nov/Dec.

Please feel free to email us if you have any further questions.
-Berna
—
Berna Alp, p≡p Foundation
https://pep.foundation <https://pep.foundation/>