B2G changes and Thunderbird

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Sep 28 13:17:17 UTC 2016

On 27/09/16 20:08, R Kent James wrote:
> Thunderbird badly needs to determine what infrastructure from Mozilla we
> could rely on for the foreseeable future.

I know of no concrete plans to exclude Thunderbird from any infra, but I
would say that a good rule of thumb would be that the likelihood that
Thunderbird could keep using a particular thing long term (this is
assuming it doesn't end up with MoFo as its home) is approximately
inversely proportional to the amount of TB-specific effort which needs
to be put in by Mozilla employees for Thunderbird to keep using it.

So, for example, it seems pretty unlikely that you would be told to stop
using Bugzilla. At the opposite end of the scale, you might be asked to
find a new home for ISPDB.

Gerv