Summary of issues for new legal home for Thunderbird

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Oct 12 16:04:18 UTC 2016

On 03/10/16 09:23, Gervase Markham wrote:
> I think that both TDF and SFC are good enough options that there is no
> case to go back to Mozilla and say "we can't find anything that works".
> Therefore, you should look at the specific pros and cons of TDF and say
> "is this, as a package, better than being basically independent but with
> someone else handling the charity admin (i.e. SFC)?". That is the
> question before you.

Furthermore, if there is little input from the wider Thunderbird
community (as seems to be the case, judging from this thread) then I
would encourage the Council to put their heads together on the specific
question above and demonstrate leadership by coming to a conclusion :-)

You can then start working in private with the chosen organization until
enough agreement is in place that you are in a position to publicly
announce the decision.

Gerv