Help decide the UI for showing untagged messages in the Quick Filter

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Sat Oct 1 05:01:59 UTC 2016

On 9/12/2016 8:33 PM, Jim wrote:
> More generally, I disagree on the need to see untagged messages
> alongside ones that have a specific set of tags.

What we are really missing is some idea of specific workflows that
people might use, and then have the required UI features that allow that
workflow. I have daydreams of defining a specific workflow design and
implementing it in a series of extensions. The problem with doing this
in core is that too many people give too many opinions without ever
really understanding the workflow assumptions behind a specific proposal.

Being able to show untagged messages along with easily controlled
subsets of tagged messages is critical to the workflow I am trying to
use, where "untagged" messages have a particular priority and
corresponding visibility that is intermediate between certain tagged types.

:rkent