Covered Code for Postbox

Jim Porter squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:38:12 UTC 2016

On 11/30/2016 09:50 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Recalling that the lack of it was mentioned on this list, following a
> polite email in their direction, the Covered Code for Postbox 5.0.8 is
> now available from:
> https://www.postbox-inc.com/coveredcode

I haven't had the chance to look at this in detail yet, but would this
give us a multi-line XUL tree that we could import into Thunderbird? We
might have to think about how to import it, given that m-c devs probably
won't accept a patch to add new XUL features, but maybe we could make a
copy of the interface in c-c?

If it were straightforward, this would be a major improvement for
Thunderbird and would be a great feature for us to advertise for the
next major release (59). We could take advantage of this as part of a
larger effort to "modernize" the UI, as we discussed in another thread.
If we could manage to merge this and come up with a way to do something
like seamless iframes (so that the message headers scroll with the
message body), we'd be a long way towards making Thunderbird look like a
brand new application (in a good way, I hope!).

- Jim