Sample Thunderbird UI redesign

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 20 22:11:17 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-20 at 16:30, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:

> On 2016/11/20 20:34, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
>
>> Some additions to userChrome.css. In the folder/thread pane I have
>> white and grey rows alternating and I use more distinct colours for
>> the selected row and the drop target.
>
> Just curious. How do we specify white and grey rows? I could use that
> feature today (!).

I do it with:

#threadTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-row(even) {
  background-color: -moz-oddtreerow;
}

This leaves the even-numbered rows as grey, rather than the odd-numbered
ones as was the default in versions before Thunderbird dropped the zebra
striping, but the effect is much the same.

If memory serves, the reason I did it this way is that sticking with
recoloring the even rows leads to needing to override various other
colors (text highlighting with message tags, for example), in ways that
quickly get unwieldy.

--
   The Wanderer