Sample Thunderbird UI redesign

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Sun Nov 20 10:21:25 UTC 2016

On 20/11/2016 09:44, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> Postbox is a two or three person part-time operation. TB is nearly a
> dozen people plus casual contributors.

Surely those two to three people build on the work of the TB team
without ever giving anything back, at least not to my knowledge. They
don't even comply with the legal requirement to make the Mozilla source
they use available, see: https://www.postbox-inc.com/coveredcode

As I said, much of the work of the TB team goes into catching up with
M-C changes. On a static fork this problem goes away immediately. But it
creates the bigger problem of perhaps never integrating with trunk
again. That said, it's of course easier to rebase a few Postbox
add-ons/additions than the entire code base.

Jörg.