Sample Thunderbird UI redesign

Philipp Kewisch mozilla at kewis.ch
Sun Nov 20 10:20:51 UTC 2016

On 11/20/16 12:10 AM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> On 19/11/2016 22:49, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> Imagine for once that we had infinite manpower and could make any
>> changes, what do you like most about the mockup?
>
> I'm just and old guy: Current TB 52/53 works for me. I like the look,
> and it looks a whole lot more modern than - say - TB 24 (which I have
> to start from time to time).
>
> And since we don't have infinite manpower, and never will since all
> mankind is limited, I'm more in favour of fixing *functional* issues.
> I'd like, for example, to be able to find words in base64-encoded body
> text, just to give an example. No fancy look can ever replace a good
> *functioning* program. Anyway, that's the constant battle between me
> and my wife: I want things to *work*, she wants them to *look good*.

Not the point I am trying to make. I have understood from past posts
that a lot of you would like to keep TB like it is and we shouldn't be
making random changes. But there must be something positive about the
mockups? Please try to find those 2% you may like. If the result of this
thread is that everyone posting agrees that there is not one thing to
like about it and that we should stay with our current UI, then we might
as well close the thread.

As you mention, there are users that want things to look good. So, what
do you think looks good about it and still works? Technical reasons like
gecko version aside please. Lets try to turn this from "Yes, but", into
"Yes, and" :)

Philipp