Sample Thunderbird UI redesign

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Sat Nov 19 17:20:34 UTC 2016

On 11/19/2016 7:21 AM, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> Firefox has an entire user advocacy team that analyzes data from input
> and other sources and regularly does reports and watches for trends.
> It also looks at ADI trends along the feedback.

Firefox, with three orders of magnitude more resources than Thunderbird
(though only one order of magnitude more users), is not a good example
for Thunderbird. If anything, we need to shake off trying to act like
Firefox and instead try to emulate other small, successful open source
projects.

Having led small companies for years, this has been a constant source of
personal irritation. People come in from a Boeing to a small operation
like I used to run, and expect that we have all of the same methods that
they do. We don't and can't, and trying to emulate them is not the right
way forward.

:rkent