Sample Thunderbird UI redesign

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:21:55 UTC 2016

Thunderbird should evaluate what users want and right now TB doesn't have
an effective way to analyze user feedback like Firefox does.

Firefox has an entire user advocacy team that analyzes data from input and
other sources and regularly does reports and watches for trends. It also
looks at ADI trends along the feedback.

This shouldn't be a little listening to other devs shooting stuff down but
instead listening to your users.

You also don't to things like heartbeat surveys which Firefox does.

Serve the users not your own wants and desires.

If new UI wasn't important to users then Postbox would be out of business.
The reality is there are Mozillians who have switched from TB to Postbox
including Mozilla employees.