Sample Thunderbird UI redesign

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Sat Nov 19 01:42:28 UTC 2016

On 11/17/2016 12:12 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> Interesting post:
>
> http://monterail.com/blog/2016/the-power-of-email-clients-why-did-we-redesign-thunderbird/

I think you can see from the responses that there never seems to be any
way to come to a common ground in user interface changes. I'll long
since given up trying to propose changes, as inevitably what I propose
gets shot down. I suspect that others have given up as well. I am also
guilty of being the shooter in many cases, after all we all have opinions.

The only answer that I think we have agreed with is to pick someone who
has a clear vision of a unified design to be the user interface czar,
and just do what they want. The only thing that I would ask is that we
get input from our donors and take seriously their opinions, as we are
being quite successful in fund raising, and they are the ones who are
likely to be funding whatever changes we want done. I would strongly
argue against a proposal that tries to claim that some hypothetical new
user's needs should be considered over existing users who are actually
willing to give money to support a cause they believe in.

:rkent