Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

Mihovil Stanić mihovil at miho.im
Tue May 17 05:23:23 UTC 2016

Fast check on some MailChimp documentation shows some interesting things.

1) You should place language picker when user is signing up for mailing
list. It should be called "Preffered language" since there is a
posiblity that user will not receive emails in native language since
maybe noone will translate for that language.

2) There is a posiblity for Google Translate, but that should be avoided
at all costs.

3) When we know user languages, and have translated campain, it's easier
from there. MailChimp file should be formatted as:

*|IF:MC_LANGUAGE=es|*
Spanish content here.
*|ELSEIF:MC_LANGUAGE=de|*
German content here.
*|ELSE:|*
Display English content for everyone else.
*|END:IF|*

My guess is that you can ELSEIF as much as you want, to add as much
languages as you want.

I will create account later and test all this, but you should add
language picker on signup page.
MailChimp also detects language based on browser language, but I think
it's better to ask user.

Mihovil