Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon May 16 13:18:35 UTC 2016

On 5/14/2016 2:01 PM, Mihovil Stanić <mihovil at miho.im> wrote:
> Both of your suggestions sounds acceptable to me. Browser opening with
> change log and donate notice on every major automatic upgrade (once a
> year, hardly ever twice) and on download page before and after clicking
> download button. Or some kind of intra Thunderbird VISIBLE donate notice
> on every major upgrade instead of automatic opening of browser.

Agreed...

This, combined with a simple URL maintained by Mozilla/Thunderbird -
that contains a link for donations, but also includes details explaining
the changes that are occurring/have occurred with Thunderbird and its
current status (ie, the ongoing debate about a new home), and why
donations are needed - that us advocates can use to evangelize among our
friends and family (urging them to donate) would go a long way to
getting us where we need to be.