Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Mon May 16 07:10:44 UTC 2016

On 14/05/2016 12:04, Onno Ekker wrote:
> I think that if people had to go to a website to install updates, it
> would be easier to get donations, but the way installation of updates
> of Thunderbird itself and updates of Thunderbird and it's add-ons are
> done, it is hard to make people aware they can donate…
Making it harder to get updates by having to go to a website is likely
to have a big impact on keeping people up to date especially when it
comes to security. Even with automatic updates, there's usually a long
tail of those that don't update.

Thunderbird has traditionally presented a what's new page on update.
Surely some experiments for putting a button on there could be done?
(You could probably also do some a-b testing with something like optimizly).

Mark.