UBO Spring Cleaning

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) vseerror at lehigh.edu
Mon May 16 03:50:15 UTC 2016

On 4/26/2016 4:37 PM, Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) wrote:
> Yay! Version 45 is going gang busters.
>
> New releases bring many "Unconfirmed Bug Objects".
>
> Many bug reports are getting attention from the traditional helpers. But
> more helpers are needed for a short period to assist users.
>
> Simply touch a couple bugs to help clarify the user's steps to
> reproduce. Also ensure it doesn't reproduce in Thunderbird safe mode
> https://support.mozilla.org/kb/safe-mode
>
> If you can reproduce the problem but do not have bugzilla privileges put
> "confirmed" in the whiteboard field.  (And if you have privileges of
> course you can do much more.)
>
> Some bug lists to get you started :
>
> * examples of non-reporter's comments http://mzl.la/1SNlRJg so you can
> see how others are asking/helping (and where the bug reporter has not
> yet responded), sorted by component
>
> * triage list you can pick from http://mzl.la/234eHjk - UNCO bugs
> created in last 30 days, sorted by component
>
> * examples of confirmed current issues http://mzl.la/1Qz104C (don't need
> triage), sorted by component
>
> If you need guidance please visit http://bit.ly/1WotkxE and ask a
> question on IRC
>
> Thanks in advance for offering a helping hand!

There's been a great response to helping in unconfirmed bug reports!

Also, we need more help with support/SUMO questions written in some
non-English languages. Examples below, but Spanish is most needed as you
can see in this list of (32) unanswered questions since May 1 -
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=quando+nada+mano+cuenta+tengo+como&is_locked=-1&is_archived=-1&is_solved=-1&has_answers=-1&num_voted=0&num_votes=&asked_by=&answered_by=&q_tags=&product=thunderbird&created=2&created_date=05%2F01%2F2016&updated=0&updated_date=&sortby=0&a=1&w=2

Hungarian - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1122365
Chek - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1122367
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1122350
Portuguese - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1122049